Since 1951, Reformed Church Nursery School (RCNS) has been teaching our communities’ children, steeped in the educational philosophy that all children learn best through play. RCNS offers programs from 2’s through Kindergarten and First Grade being offered in 2021. We are currently offering on-site and remote learning experiences.
Our school’s curriculum choices are based on research regarding the importance of educating the whole child. Learning through play is our mantra and we do that while supporting the following curriculum:
- Units of Study in Reading, Writing, & Phonics by Teachers College Reading & Writing Project for 4’s, 5’s, Kindergarten and First Grade
- Handwriting Without Tears for 3’s and up
- Singapore Math for Kindergarten and First Grade
- New York State Social Studies Curriculum for Kindergarten and First Grade
- General Social Studies experiences for 2’s through 5’s
- New York State Science Curriculum for Kindergarten and First Grade
- General Science experiences for 2’s through 5’s
- Reformed Church of America Standard Religion: Chapel is offered each week with a recorded message/lesson from our Senior Minister Reverend Matthew Waterstone
- Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports Behavioral Education (PBIS) for all ages
Our teachers of all age-levels have taken part in professional development to integrate these methods into our on-site and virtual classrooms and curriculum. As educators, we are looking forward to learning alongside the children as we head into the future.
If you would like more information, or would like to arrange a virtual tour, please call us at 914-337-6332 or email our Director, Margaret Murtagh